The following procedures facilitate the administrative processes associated with the Program:
1. Academic departments shall determine their need for academic experts in light of Clause no. 5 of the Program’s rules and regulations
2. The department shall submit applications for one academic expert or more to meet the department’s needs at least one semester in advance provided that the expert meets the requirements indicated in Clauses 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the Program’s rules and regulations. The concerned department shall conduct negotiations with candidates for the initial agreement on the following:
- Living, transportation, and travel expenses, as well as health care subject to the contract’s instructions
- The expert’s financial benefits provided that they do not exceed the limits stated in the contract form
- The tasks to be performed by the expert during his/her stay
- The number and duration of visits
- A schedule of the tasks to be performed by the expert
3. Selected candidates shall be approved by the concerned department’s council. The council shall also determine the tasks to be assigned to the chosen experts, as well as the duration of their visits.
4. The concerned department’s recommendation, the department’s reasons for recruiting experts, and the required documents shall be submitted to the concerned college dean for approval by the college council. The required documents are: the academic expert request form, the academic expert contract with all necessary information (i.e., number and duration of visits, and financial benefits), and the candidate’s CV.
5. The recommendation of the concerned college’s council shall be submitted to the Chair of the Academic Expert’s Committee at the Vice Rectorate for Educational and Academic Affairs in preparation for its submission to the Committee. The following documents need to be attached:
- The concerned college’s letter including the reasons the department needs the expert
- The Academic Expert Request Form
- The expert’s CV
- The Academic Expert Contract including all the required information in addition to the number and duration of visits, and the agreed upon financial benefits
6. Requests shall be reviewed by the Academic Expert’s Committee at the Vice Rectorate for Educational and Academic Affairs. Concerned colleges shall be informed of the Committee’s decisions.
7. After receiving the Committee’s approval, the concerned department shall be responsible for contacting candidates to finalize the signing of contracts, and to inform them of their duties, rights, and responsibilities.
8. The concerned college shall submit completed and signed contracts with all the documents stated in Clause no. 5 above to the Chair of the Academic Expert’s Committee at the Vice Rectorate for Educational and Academic Affairs to finalize the recruitment process.
9. The Vice Rectorate for Educational and Academic Affairs shall be responsible for contacting concerned parties within KSU to conclude necessary procedures for the expert’s living arrangements and airport pick-up, in addition to his/her health care and financial benefits.
10. The concerned college shall submit to the Vice Rectorate for Educational and Academic Affairs a report prepared by the college about the academic expert’s visit, in addition to another report prepared by the expert including his/her comments and recommendations after completing the tasks agreed upon in the contract.
11. The concerned college shall provide the Vice Rectorate for Educational and Academic Affairs with a copy of the evaluation prepared by the academic expert.